TOP 5 SHOW HIGHLIGHTS TO HELP PLAN YOUR TRIP
The Birmingham Home Show returns to BJCC from February 18-20. The show lands during a continued home improvement boom in Birmingham, as residents revamp and refresh homes to fit new work-from-home and vacation-at-home lifestyles.
So what are the best ways to make the most of your trip to the show? To help you plan, here are the top five, must-see, can’t-miss features at the show:
- Bust A Move With HGTV’s “The Dancing Carpenter”. The show’s special guest appearances include Darren Keefe, best known as the carpenter, designer and one of the Co-Hosts on HGTV's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. The Irish born tradesman and furniture maker is known as “The Dancing Carpenter” on Instagram, where his weekly Monday posts have garnered over 20 million views. Guests can bust a move (or bust out your top DIY questions) with Darren on Friday and Saturday.
- Hometown Dish. Back by popular demand, the Hometown Flavor Cooking Stage returns with Birmingham’s top culinary talent. Every day during the show, different chefs will take the stage and whip up a favorite recipe – think of it as Food Network but in real life. And yes, there will be samples at t he end.
- Calling All Plant Lovers! More than 50% of you took up gardening or added fresh plants and flowers to your home décor since the pandemic started in 2020, and the number of “green thumbs” continues to grow. Feed your need for green at the on-site flower and plant sale from the Wild Honey Flower Truck and Plant Stand AL located right on the show floor.
- Honor Our Local Heroes. To recognize the efforts of local frontline heroes, the show celebrates Hero Day on Friday, February 18 – all active military personnel, veterans, EMTs, nurses, healthcare workers, firefighters, police and medical personnel receive complimentary admission with valid ID Friday Only with valid ID at the Box Office. Sunday, February 20 is Teacher’s Day. All educators receive complimentary admission at Box Office with valid work ID.
- Shop, Compare and Save. Guests should come armed with project lists and visit the show with all the questions you have – and plan to compare prices. Many show vendors often offer their most discounted deals to our show guests. And since the show is a one-stop shop you can do it all in place, in one visit.
Buy tickets in advanced online and save $3, click here.